Give Yourself the Gift of a Massage This Holiday Season
Spending the holidays with family and friends is exciting, but it can also be a stressful time of the year. Worrying about shopping, wrapping gifts and trying to squeeze in all of the holiday parties can be overwhelming. For many people in Tampa, the holidays mean headaches, added stress and tense, sore muscles when what you really need is time to relax. The good news is, there is a quick and easy solution to reduce your stress while improving your health at the same time…visiting a spa in Tampa for a relaxing massage.
Benefits of Visiting the Salon for a Massage
One of the best benefits of getting a massage is how well it can help to relieve stiff, sore muscles. The holiday season has just begun, so if you are already fighting to find time to relax, it may be time for a visit to the salon for a massage. Not only is a massage relaxing, but there are a variety of other reasons to consider a massage this holiday season as well, including:
- Improve your circulation-massages can help to improve your lymphatic and blood circulation. A deep tissue massage allows your body to relax, which aids in the release of the chemicals in your body that transport nutrients and oxygen to the cells, which helps them to become stronger and healthier.
- Improve your mood-holiday stresses can also increase your anxiety and even cause depression. During your massage, you can relax physically as well as emotionally, which will help you feel more relaxed and healthier.
- Get a good night’s sleep-the anxiety and stress of the holiday season can wreak havoc on your normal sleeping pattern. Massages can increase the serotonin levels in your body, which increases melatonin levels, so you can sleep better at night.
- Relieve stress and tension headaches-fighting the crowds while shopping, wrapping the gifts and planning your holiday parties can be stressful, which lead to stress and tension headaches. Getting a massage that focuses on the trigger points of your head, neck, and face will help to relieve the pain of tension headaches.
- Improve your immunity-combine running around shopping all day on only a little sleep with high stress and anxiety and you’ll end up with a reduced effectiveness of your immune response to germs and bacteria. Massages can help to build your immune response, which ultimately helps you fight off a range of illnesses, including colds and the flu.
Visit Our Tampa Salon and Spa Today for a Massage
There are a number of things you can do to make your massage even more relaxing, such as getting to the spa early for your appointment and scheduling other types of pampering before your massage therapy, such as getting a manicure. Following your massage, it’s best to not run out of the session and into a hectic rest of the day. Instead, try to schedule your massage at a time when you can go home afterward and take a nap, which will help your body to continue receiving the benefits of the massage.
Contact Retro Salon Studios today to schedule your massage at our Tampa Salon and Spa.